BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 25

My goal is to make a 100% certified organic baby blanket
This shouldn’t be too hard. I’ll just Google “organic fabric” Then check out all the sites goggles displays. I should have an abundant amount of choices.
Well, what a disappointment to see what the search turns up. Is it necessary for organic fabrics to only come in beige? The most promising fabrics I found were designed by designer Harmony Art.
http://www.harmonyart.com/index.html
I would like to see some more choices offered in suitable baby/children's prints. Mostly I want to see color! Is it impossible to have beautiful, fun, colorful fabric that is free from all the bad stuff, (fungicides, insecticides, toxic chemicals, etc)? Do I really just need to get over my love for color? I was spoiled; when I lived ignorance, those were the days when the available choices in color were endless. I need to continue to think eco/green/organic, but without color can I be a happy camper?

3 comments:

Chickypez said...

Oh my, they have some great fabrics - I had to bookmark them!

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of organic products. good luck with this!

Harmony said...

Thanks for the kind words about Harmony Art! We launched the company for this very reason... colorful, printed organic fabrics didn't yet exist.. well, not in quantities small businesses could afford.

The good news is that more and more organic cotton fabric companies are slowly emerging on the scene.

The more people and companies look for, support and demand organic fabrics the sooner you will have more options to choose from.

Thank you for your commitment! FYI we do offer custom and exclusive fabric designs if you are ever interested.

Good luck with your business! Big gratitude - harmony